Header Ads

How To Solve Computer Eye Strain Problem

Like a lot of people -- many people? most people? -- I spend a good chunk of my day in front of a computer. Because I work from home, I often move from room to room, just to change up the scenery, and even alternate between standing and sitting.

But no matter where I go, I suffer from eyestrain. And recently it's gotten a lot worse: On some days my eyes are so tired and achy, it's hard to continue working.

That's when I discovered EyeLeo, a freeware utility designed to help computer users reduce eyestrain.
Eye Leo
Eye Leo

Let me just say I was extremely skeptical at first, because the program is even more intrusive than 20-20-20: It hits you up with eye exercises every 10 minutes and imposes a 5-minute break every 50 minutes. As a writer, I find it difficult to cope with interruptions, and I fully expected to hate EyeLeo.

Guess what? I love EyeLeo.

Every 10 minutes, a cute little leopard face appears onscreen and gives me an 8-second exercise to do: look left/right, blink my eyes, roll my eyes in circles, and so on. Turns out those interruptions are brief and innocuous enough, I don't mind them at all.

When I hit the 50-minute mark, EyeLeo gives me the option of taking a full break or, if I'm right in the middle of something, waiting another three minutes. (All these timers are user-adjustable.)

The very first day I used EyeLeo, I experienced almost zero eyestrain. Still skeptical, I used it for a full week before writing this post; it's still doing the trick. Color me gobsmacked.

Although I don't like being "forced" to stop my workflow, EyeLeo made me realize that I previously stared at my screen for very long stretches. When those 50-minute breaks come up, I think, "Wow, already? Feels like I just had one." That's how I know I was my eyes' worst enemy. And I use those breaks to accomplish things I normally put off, like walking the dog, emptying the dishwasher, etc. Nice little productivity boost!

Your mileage may vary, of course, but if you're experiencing eyestrain issues, I definitely recommend giving EyeLeo a try.


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog…
    Thanks for sharing informative information.
    If you are suffering from any kind of eye disorder then you can consult with the best eye doctor at the Eye hospital in Ludhiana - Advanced Centre For Eye. follow the link to contact us.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.